Bell of the Fallen
Via San Pietro in Mavino, Sirmione
The Bell of the Fallen stands in the churchyard of San Pietro in Mavino, was inaugurated in 1955 and is the work of the sculptor Angelo Righetti from Brescia. The artifact is made of finely decorated bronze, weighs 22 quintals and has a diameter of one and a half metres. “Julia”, this is the name of the bell, was placed in memory of Sirmionesi fallen in the war and is made to ring during civil and military ceremonies.
Many years ago it also served as an orientation for fishermen in case of fog.