The 1000 Miglia in Sirmione
The Most Beautiful Race in the World is back with the usual route up to the Scaligero Castle
Tuesday 13 June 2023 the most famous and important regularity race for vintage cars returns to Sirmione.
The first cars are expected at 1:15 pm with the Ferrari Tribute to 1000 Miglia, the parade of sports cars that will anticipate the passage of the historic cars in the race.
The transit of historic cars will begin at 2:30 pm
The cars will arrive from Desenzano del Garda and will head towards the historic center passing through viale Matteotti and via XXV Aprile. In Piazzale Porto, in front of the Scaligero Castle, the time control and the turning point.
After having covered the first stretch of Lungolago Diaz, the cars will return to Colombare, again from via XXV Aprile, via Colombare and Piazza Unità d’Italia where they will turn left into via Verona to head towards Peschiera del Garda. The last car will pass by at 5:30 pm.
- Piazzale Porto and the first part of Lungolago Diaz will be completely closed to traffic from 12:00 pm on Monday 12th June to 10:00 pm on Tuesday 13th June and in any case until the end of the passage of the cars.
- From 12:00 pm on Monday 12th June to 10:00 pm on Tuesday 13th June, two-way traffic will be established in Viale Marconi (from the intersection with Piazzale Porto to Lungolago del Faselo Bitinico).
- From 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday 13th June, no entry into Via Moro.
- From 12:00 to 7:00 pm on Tuesday 13th June, Via Todeschino will not be accessible towards Piazza Unità d’Italia starting from Via Alfieri to avoid entering the flow of competing cars.
- From 12:00 pm on Monday 12th June to 10:00 pm on Tuesday 13th June, it will be forbidden to park in Piazzale Europa, Piazzale Porto, Viale Marconi, Lungolago Diaz (up to Piazzale Europa), Piazza Unità D’Italia.
Along the entire urban route of the 1000 Miglia in Sirmione, there will be personnel and signs that will direct you to alternative routes to make circulation easier.
A curiosity: Sirmione, given its inimitable position, is the only stop where you can admire the cars participating in the race twice, along the same stretch, up to the Scaligero Castle and back.